- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 (16 ounce) can of refried beans
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup freshly diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno peppers
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Sour cream
- Simple Guacamole
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9″ pie plate with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet over mid-high heat and brown 1/2 pound ground chuck. Season beef with 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, & 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add 1/2 cup diced onions and 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic. Cook until the meat is browned all the way through and the fat is absorbed.
- Place one 10″ tortilla in the pie plate allowing the tortilla to cover the bottom of the pie plate and go up the sides. Top with 8 ounces refried beans. Spread to cover the tortilla evenly across the bottom of the pie plate. Spoon the meat mixture over the beans and spread evenly. Place the 2nd tortilla on top of the meat mixture and press down around the sides gently. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and spread 1/2 cup salsa over the top of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese and spread the diced tomatoes over top of the cheese evenly. Top with 1/4 cup chopped green onions and 2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno peppers. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with sour cream and Simple Guacamole. Enjoy!
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.