Recipe courtesy of HonestlyYUM
- 2 lbs sushi grade bluefin ahi tuna (or salmon)
- 1/2 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp wasabi (optional)
- 3 tbs chopped chives
- 3 tbs furikake (or chopped toasted seaweed and sesame seeds)
- 1 tbs finely minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or cashews
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 cups of black rice (or sushi rice)
- Pat the fresh ahi dry and cut into 1/2 cubes. Set aside in a medium bowl.
- Whisk tamari, sesame oil and sugar together into a small bowl. Add wasabi if you like a bit of heat.
- Pour marinade over the ahi and mix. You can keep the ahi marinated for a couple of hours until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, mix in the furikake, shallots, chives and ginger into the marinated ahi.
- Top bowls of rice with a heaping pile of ahi, radishes, plenty of avocado and a scoop of chopped nuts.