Recipe courtesy of Food.com
- 1⁄2cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 x 8 pan with Baker’s Joy or lightly grease and flour it.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, food coloring and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla to form a paste. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then add second teaspoon of vanilla. With mixer on medium, beat in cocoa paste. Add flour and salt, and mix just until combined.
- Spread in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the instructions on your package and set it aside. Cream butter with mixer till fluffy. Add vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar, then white chocolate. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost the top of the brownies and then hide them from everyone! They’re so good you won’t want to share them.